Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Week 2, day 3

I continued to work on my paddle this morning. I took off from where I left yesterday and continued to sand the paddle blades and make them the way I wanted. Once that was done, I proceeded to cutting out pieces of fiber glass for the blades. I epoxied the fiber glass on and hung the paddles so that the epoxy would drip instead of dry unevenly making some areas heavier then others. I let one side dry then fiber glassed the other one several hours later. During that time, I worked on the layout of the signs. I planned how big each letter needed to be to use up as much as the sign as possible. I don't want to waste material and I want the letters to be big enough for hikers to read while walking/running and for them not to have to stop to read the signs. I also decided to put the old and new name on the signs. The new/nickname will be on top and the old/real name will be in parentheses right under. 

No comments:

Post a Comment