Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekly reflection

My first week went very well. My goal was to finish the trail map of the Proctor wood lot, which I accomplished and got approved by Dave Pilla. Copies were made and it is now ready to be handed out to people who don't want to get lost! I am very happy with the final outcome of the map, even though I didn't end up painting it. Since my goal was to make it simple and easy to understand, adding color over all the lines might have made it hard to read the names of trails and follow the lines of the trails. The map turned out just as I expected, simple, easy to understand and correctly scaled for people to plan their hike in advance. The map ended up being much harder then I expected it to be. With so many lines, a lot of details and using a scale too small for me to use on my final copy, I had to change the scale and measure every line out, then transfer it onto a bigger sheet of paper. It was very time consuming to deal with a small map with lots of detail such as contour lines, dots for major boulders, etc. It ended up working out better then I imagined it would. Next step of my project is making the trail signs. I will use the map I drew to locate the area where a new sign is needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment